Thank you so much for choosing me to be your photographer! I know there is an infinite amount of options to choose from and I'm honored that you trust in me to perfectly capture the best day ever.
In this guide I am going to share some things that will help create the best photos. I'm going to share some wedding day tips and share how I work and what to to expect from me on your wedding day.
Think of me as a bonus wedding planner! Planning is key to making sure we have enough time to create beautiful images for you! This is why I am hands on with helping you create a timeline for your wedding day. If I haven't bugged you about it yet, reach out to me whenever you're ready to get a plan together.
I am bouncing around capturing getting ready moments, and lots of details while paying special attention to any emotions and reactions from you, friends or family.
They are the photos that help tell the full story of your wedding day. I love capturing details and I try and get the bulk of them right away.
Things to have ready for me to photograph in the morning:
Suit and Tie
1. You're dress deserves a beautiful hanger! I try to bring along a nice hanger just in case, but it kills me if I have to photograph a beautiful dress on a wire or plastic hanger.
2. Make sure the important people are there! It's great to have your VIPs there while you are getting ready. It does become increasingly difficult to get around quickly and get a good view if the room you are getting ready in is full of people.
3. Send me an invitation! This is something I can bring along and incorporate into your detail images.
Amanda Jen Photo
23321 82nd St
Salem, WI 53168
1. Ask your officiant to step aside. It's a simple request to avoid any awkward eyes or a head between you during your kiss.
2. Sometimes I have rules and restrictions. Some venue management and ministers insist on no flash or only shooting from a specific location. I will check in with the venue but just be aware this happens sometimes.
3. Hold the kiss a little longer! If you just do a quick peck there is a chance of the kiss getting missed! So make it a good long kiss so a few shots can be captured.
1. Time. I will need 1-2 hours to photograph all the portraits (family formals, bridal party & couple) It may not be all at once but could be broken up though out the day, especially if you decide to do a first look!
2. Family Formals are chaotic. I work so hard to keep things running smoothly and as organized as possible. It helps if you designate a person from each family to help keep things moving. I also encourage you to keep your family formal list to the ultimate VIPs in your life. Parents, grandparents, siblings, nieces and nephews and very close family friends. A few months before your wedding, I will send over a form to help plan your family formal photos.
I try to help you plan your day around the sunset so we have time to get outside in the gorgeous light.
We don't need a whole lot of time for this, we will just sneak away for 15-20 minutes to grab some breathtaking portraits and it also allows for a private moment for you to enjoy with each other away from the party.
If you consider your wedding cake as an important part of the wedding day tradition, give it the prominence it deserves and have it closer to the center of the action. Far too many couples push their cakes right against a wall, window, or curtain. Central placement also gives me the opportunity to get creative with the way I photograph it.
1. Some venues insist on having wedding photographers sit at the "vendor table" for dinner. Please confirm what this means because sometimes "vendor table" is code for in another room. Unfortunately, such an arrangement puts me at the unique disadvantage of not being able to see what's happening. Is someone about to deliver a quick toast? If I can't see it, I can't react to it. Please try to seat me and the second photographer in the same room as the guests.
Thank you for reading!
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me through e-mail, call or text.
I'm so looking forward to your wedding day!